A new version is available on codeplex.
As I said there, it should be a 2.0 version as there are so many new features.
- A lot easier and faster than before. You can now install and setup the whole stuff in few minutes.
- An administration application let you setup the WICreator for your TFS Server, and for each Team Project you want.
User experience improved:
- The last used Team Project is restored when launching the WICreator application.
- There’s now a Most Recent Used (the yellow star icon) Work Item menu item.
- The user can create several Work Items at once, based on predefined templates.
- Area Path and Iteration can now be spread among children.
- The hierarchy fields are automatically added to a Team Project’s Work Item Type definitions when they’re not present.
Integration using Work Item:
- The integration process can be driven by Work Item (you have to follow the 1 changeset / 1 Work Item associated rule strictly). Integration features will be available to member of a given TFS Role.
- The Branch Comparison feature display for selected branches (scoped in time) what Work Items are implemented or not.
- The Make New Release feature enables you to merge your work based on Work Items. A Work Item query lists all the Work Items concerned by the integration (typically filtered by Iteration) and is filtered by the ones that are present in the source branch and not in the destination one. The user can choose the Work Items to merge, then their corresponding changesets. The Release process then merges all the changesets, and keep the association with the corresponding Work Item.
- The hierarchy of the Work Items on a given Team Project can now be checked for integrity (only users having the Integration role can use it) and fixed if there’re problems.
- Many little bugs fixed.
Here’s a Video of the installation and setup process, you’ll see it’s quite pain free now !
I’ll post more about the new features, with hopefully some videos demonstrating them.