I was working on something else (and took holidays), didn’t have the time to go back to the renderer until three weeks ago. At first I wasn’t considering these three
I added Gamma Correction, bump/normal mapping, and Depth of Field. I also fixed few bugs. ScreenShots of Gamma Correction No correction Gamma corrected It’s brighter where it should be, and
Parallax mapping is finished. The whole production pipeline is now ready for that technique. The 3D Studio MAX plugin now computes the correct scale/bias and can also display the result
Added projector texture for Point and Spot lights. A cube map is used for the Point Light and a 2D texture for the spot, both are almost free concerning the
Ok for some mysterious reasons using four MRTs can generate big slow down on the 6800. So I separated the render of the MRT in two passes, the first one
I implemented Point Light shadows, soft shadows on spot lights. Soft shadows on point lights are still in progress, the result is not great so far. I also implemented the
Perspective Shadow mapping is a real pain… I can’t get it work correctly, I’m putting the code on hold, and I’ll get back on it later.
Lost three days into a partition crash! Almost lost the 150gigs of data stored there, took more than a day to recover everything.
Implemented the spot light rendering. I have now the three basic types of light: directional, point and spot Added a Gaussian filter after the creation of the Occlusion Map. The
I’ve programmed the routine to compute a texture storing the ambient occlusion of a given mesh. The result is as expected: great! (see the screenshots). The computing process can take