Ok for some mysterious reasons using four MRTs can generate big slow down on the 6800. So I separated the render of the MRT in two passes, the first one
I implemented Point Light shadows, soft shadows on spot lights. Soft shadows on point lights are still in progress, the result is not great so far. I also implemented the
Perspective Shadow mapping is a real pain… I can’t get it work correctly, I’m putting the code on hold, and I’ll get back on it later.
Lost three days into a partition crash! Almost lost the 150gigs of data stored there, took more than a day to recover everything.
Implemented the spot light rendering. I have now the three basic types of light: directional, point and spot Added a Gaussian filter after the creation of the Occlusion Map. The
I’ve programmed the routine to compute a texture storing the ambient occlusion of a given mesh. The result is as expected: great! (see the screenshots). The computing process can take
Not much, I made the renderer plug-able for our shaders, add a better lighting support (see screenshots). I added a fourth Render Target. The surface type is D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, it stores
I’ve spent too much time the last few days to make D3DX working with Irion. The library is static, and doesn’t like our custom new/delete operators. The bug is not
Ok, I have my new GeForce 6800 GT, the latest beta of the DirectX 9.0c SDK, the latest beta of nVidia’s drivers (SM3 enabled). Let’s start! I read many papers,